Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Wisdom Teeth Removal at Lee Trevino Dental
If you’re in need of wisdom teeth removal services, then Lee Trevino Dental can help. While the goal is to keep all of our teeth, tooth extraction may sometimes become necessary. This can typically happen for a variety of reasons. Perhaps your wisdom teeth have come in, a tooth is significantly infected or damaged, or space needs to be made for braces. Regardless of the reason, if you’re in need of having a tooth or multiple teeth removed, Lee Trevino Dental is the place to call. We can help you with all of your dental needs—including wisdom teeth removal—so you can have the healthy, bright smile you deserve!
Reasons Why You May Need a Tooth Extraction
There are many reasons why you may require tooth extraction services. While it may sound a bit scary, you can rest assured knowing we’ll take good care of you. The road to recovery is much quicker than you can imagine.
The primary reasons for tooth extraction include:
Painful wisdom teeth
- Most people need to have their wisdom teeth removed. They can affect your mouth by shifting your teeth, resulting in discomfort and overcrowding in your mouth. They’re also a prime spot for infections. We’ll safely remove your wisdom teeth to alleviate pain and reduce your chances of experiencing an infection.
- Smaller mouths may have overcrowded teeth. If you’re planning on getting braces or a corrective retainer, you may need to have some teeth removed so your other teeth will have plenty of room once they’re straightened.
Infection or damaged teeth
- Sometimes our teeth may become infected or damaged. Teeth that are severely infected or damaged are often better off removed and replaced with a crown, bridge, or implant. We can help you determine if the tooth should be removed and remove it for you in a timely manner.
Tooth removal, especially when it comes to removing wisdom teeth, is often something everyone has to go through at one point or another. At our office, we’ll ensure you are well taken care of and know what to expect so you can have a swift recovery. We ensure all of our patients are treated with the best of care and are seen quickly upon arriving at their appointment. We take care of your teeth so you won’t have to worry!
FAQs About Wisdom Teeth Removal
We know most people dread the thought of wisdom teeth removal, so we’re here to answer any questions you may have about the procedure. Here are a few of the most commonly asked questions we receive about tooth extractions:
What are wisdom teeth?
- Wisdom teeth are molars at the very back of our mouths. Unlike our other teeth, which usually come in during childhood, wisdom teeth generally don’t make an appearance until around the age of 20. Although they’re natural, they often come with a wide range of issues, which is why it is almost always recommended for them to be removed.
Everyone experiences a different wisdom tooth journey, with some patients having them removed in their teens and others in their mid to late 20s. Whatever the case may be, we’re here to help!
When should I have my wisdom teeth removed?
- We recommend wisdom teeth removal if they are causing pain, infection, severe overcrowding, or if they cannot break through your gums. If you are experiencing pain during the first couple of months your wisdom teeth are coming in, it is bound to worsen. Consult with a dentist as soon as you feel discomfort.
What should I expect from the procedure?
- Patients can expect some swelling and bleeding during the extraction. This may also happen at night when patients are cleared to return home after their procedure. Full recovery tends to take two weeks at most. Your dentist will provide you with instructions to follow to speed up recovery.
What is recovery like?
- Recovering from a tooth removal procedure varies from person to person. After a major tooth removal, such as wisdom teeth or regular teeth that still have their root attached, patients typically need more time to recover. We recommend getting plenty of rest, taking time off work, and not overexerting yourself. You will also receive a list of foods and drinks to avoid during the phase of recovery. Following these instructions will help to ensure your recovery goes smoothly.
How can I make the experience more comfortable?
- While we’ll do everything we can to ensure you are comfortable during your procedure, there are a few things you can do, as well, especially if you’re only getting the local anesthesia and are going to be awake during the procedure. This includes listening to music or a podcast while getting the procedure, wearing comfortable clothes, and having your hair down so you won’t be laying on an uncomfortable hairstyle for a few hours can all help to make the experience better.
Cost and Insurance Information
Lee Trevino Dental accepts most insurances and we can also offer patients payment plans to cover the costs for wisdom teeth removal and other procedures. You contact us to learn more about the insurances we work with.
Contact Us, Today!
We are ready to answer any other questions you may have regarding our tooth extraction services. Our goal is to ensure you are as educated as possible so you know exactly what is going to happen during your procedure. This tends to help alleviate some of the nervousness many people have before the procedure. We can help you with extraction procedures and much more. Don’t hesitate to give us a call today to schedule an appointment!