Dentures: A Brand New Smile in El Paso
Missing teeth can alter your life greatly. Challenges arise with the lack of teeth. Eating a proper diet, social outings, and smiling can all change. Dentures are a great natural looking way to replace missing teeth. They are removable which makes them easy to care for. When it comes to improving your smile, dentures will do exactly that. Not only that, speaking and eating will improve as well.
Dentures are a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissue. Complete sets are used when all of the teeth are missing, and partial sets are used when only a few of the teeth are missing. Partials, or bridges, help keep existing teeth from shifting while filling in gaps. Dentures are a more affordable solution than implants and they are made to mimic the look of natural teeth.
Various Denture Options
- Complete Dentures: These replace all of a patient’s teeth. Rather than being anchored to existing teeth, these sit on top of the gums. Complete dentures are usually placed shortly after all of the patient’s teeth are removed.
- Partial Dentures: When a patient still has some natural teeth, partial dentures can take the place of the missing teeth. These dentures are removable which makes them convenient. Partial dentures help keep other teeth in place.
- Custom Dentures: Custom dentures are made of high quality material and can be customized for your individual smile. This is a great option because it looks natural and suits your specific needs.
- Implant Supported Dentures: With this kind of denture, a dental implant is put in place to support the denture securely. These implants look natural and last a long time.
- Snap-in Dentures: These are held in place by dental implants or they are anchored onto existing teeth.
For the most part, getting dentures fitted for your mouth will improve your quality of life. They do more than just improve your smile, which is a great benefit in itself. You will regain the power to eat and speak normally. You won’t have to base your diet around soft malleable foods anymore. If you are tired of the aged, collapsed look that missing teeth leaves on your face dentures will help as well. If you struggle with making conversation with people because of your lack of teeth, these fixtures will definitely help. Best of all, dentures are a long-lasting solution.
What Do Dentures Feel Like?
Many patients feel hesitant about getting dentures because they think that they will feel awkward and burdensome in their mouth. However, once the muscles in the cheeks and tongue grow accustomed to the new fixture, patients experience minimal to no discomfort. The minor discomfort and extra saliva are not permanent issues. These problems usually diminish after a few weeks.
Sometimes patients are hesitant because they feel they will need to limit their diet. However, patients are able to transition from only soft foods to more options as their mouth adjusts. They will need to avoid sticky foods, hard foods, and chewing gums, but these fixtures open up the diet to a wealth of other choices.
Visit Lee Trevino Dental Today
At Lee Trevino Dental, we have the technology and experience to restore your teeth’s strength and appearance using a number of different cosmetic dental tools. We’ll evaluate the best option for your teeth and make sure the process is as comfortable and efficient as possible. Call us to make an appointment today.